Sirohi is a city in southern Rajasthan state in western India. It is the administrative headquarters of Sirohi District, and was formerly the capital of the princely state of the same name. Nearest Railway Station to Sirohi is Sirohi Road station.
In 1901 the population of the town Sirohi was 5651. As of 2001 India census, sirohi had a population of 35,531. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Sirohi has an average literacy rate of 66%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 76%, and female literacy is 54%. In Sirohi, 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Mount Abu is the highest peak in the Aravalli Range of Rajasthan state in western India. It is located in Sirohi district. Mount Abu is 58 km from Palanpur (Gujarat). The mountain forms a distinct rocky plateau 22 km long by 9 km wide. The highest peak on the mountain is Guru Shikhar, at 1722 meters above sea level. It is referred to as 'an oasis in the desert', as its heights are home to rivers, lakes, waterfalls and evergreen forests. The ancient name of Mount Abu is "Arbudaanchal".
Site designed & hosted by
National Informatics Centre,
Government of India, District Unit-Sirohi.
Nodal Officer-P.R.O., Sirohi. Tel.No-02972-221033(o)
News & Events ?
- Guidelinesfor issuing Various certificates
- LDC Rrecuitment-2013IInd List
- Voters TurnoutVS Elections-2013
- III Grade Teacher 2012Revised Cuff Off List
- III Grade Teacher 2012TTnd Level Cuff Off List
- Patwari final Result-2013List...
- Election Formatfor Employees.
- Nazul SampatiList of Nazul Sampati
- Service Area Planof Banks of Sirohi.
- Block Listof Banks of Sirohi.
- PatwariesMobile Numbers